Mon, Oct 02|
Whispering Oaks Farm
Growing Gardeners: Fall Edition
A 6 week Christian-Based Gardening Class "Fall theme" for ages 6-11.
Time & Location
Oct 02, 11:00 AM – Nov 06, 12:15 PM
Whispering Oaks Farm, 5330 Dana Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33905, USA
About the event
Ms. Carolina will be leading this 6-week Christian-Based Gardening Class.
This class is not just about growing our food in the garden but growing an appreciation for the food God has given us. Ultimately, the goal is teaching them to “work the ground and keep it,” to do what God created us to do, in exercising dominion and being fruitful.
Every 6 weeks we will have a diffrent theme. Fall, Winter, Spring, each week we will learn about specific topics as well as incorperate crafts, projects, take home seeds, seedlings, and plants. This is a hands on class.
This 6 week program includes: Fall Theme
- Week 1- How plants grow/ square foot garden - Parts of a pumpkin craft, grass head project.
- Week 2- Composting and Worms - Bring something to compost from your kitchen, make a worm farm in a jar.
- Week 3- Bees and Butterflies - Make a bee habitat, butterfly feeder.
- Week 4- Propogating Kitchen scraps- Kids will propogate their own take home plant.
- Week 5- Exploring Seeds - Exploring diffrent kinds of seeds, while trying various fruits and veggies.
- Week 6- Harvesting- The kids will be harvesting what we have been growing at the farm.
A healthy snack will be provided at the end of class. Please provide gardening gloves.
*Children will have direct contact with fruits and vegetables and different nuts. Please inform us of any food allergies.
The 6 Class Dates are as follows:
October 2023 Fall Edition
January 2024 Winter Edition
February 2024 Spring Edition
Sibling Discounts are offered for this class in the amount of $25, valid only with the purchase of a full priced ticket.
Release of Liability Waiver: A signed Waiver & Realase of Liability is required to participate. All visitors are subject to the Florida Agritourism operator laws. FLA. Stat. 570.88 - 570.89. Under Florida law, an agritourism operator is not liable for injury or death of, or damage or loss to, a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if such injury, death, damage, or loss results from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity. Inherent risks of agritourism activities include, among others, risks of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals, as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury, death, damage, or loss. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity.
Many of our animals free-range. This includes chickens, turkeys, ducks, farm cats & 2 livestock guardian dogs, all of which are used to visitors. We do have active Honey Bee Hives on our farm, which are clerarly marked and a safe distamnce from our classroom.
Parents are responsible for the full tuition, regardless if your child is able to attend every date in their Growing Gardeners session. Refunds will ONLY be issued if an emergency prevents participation in both scheduled class days within a session.
*Class sizes are set to a minumum of 5 and a maximum of 15 students.*
Guests are responsible for full tuition, regarless of their ability to attend every class within the 6 week session. Make-up classes will only be offered in the event of incliment weather.
- Pre-registration is required.
- This is an OUTDOOR class, please dress accordingly and wear appropriate footwear.
- This is a working farm with livestock and other animals, a signed Release of Liability & Waiver are required from all guests.
A 6 Week Christian Based Gardening class for ages 5-11
Growing Gardeners Sibling
Valid only with purchase of a full priced ticket